Bonasystems has 15 years’ experience in the field of slip prevention. Our solutions are relied upon by leading brands and insurers to fulfil their duty of care, to prevent accidents, to improve claims defensibility and to mitigate the risk of health and safety breaches or fines.
Slips and trips are the most common cause of major injuries and can happen almost anywhere. 95% of major slips result in broken bones and slips can also be the initial cause for a range of other types of accident such as a fall from height.
Bonasystems has helped clients in various sectors to reduce their slip accidents by 60%+.
Each year slips and trips are responsible for, on average:
- one third of all reported major injuries
- 33% by volume and value of personal injury claims – the average cost being £14,000
- 20% of 3-day+ injuries to employees
- two fatalities
- 50% of all reported accidents to members of the public that happen in workplaces
- £500 million + cost to employers
- £200 million + cost to the NHS
- incalculable human cost
- more major injuries in the manufacturing and service sectors than any other cause.
The Pendulum Test Method
This video, produced by the UK Slip Resistance Group, illustrates how to use a pendulum for testing floors.