Euston railway station
- With 70m+ visitors annually, Euston is one of the busiest stations in the country. With such footfall and an environment where floors can become wet, slip accidents were averaging 12 per month.
- Network Rail contacted Bonasystems as floor and slip-resistance experts
- Bonasystems devised a cleaning regime for the entire station incorporating a periodic chemical deep clean and daily cleaning with just water
- This regime was carried out by Interserve, the station’s cleaning provider, with Bonasystems’ supervision
- As a result, floors were significantly cleaner, and Network Rail was able to prove that its floors achieved 36+ consistently
“We have seen a 60% reduction in accidents.“ (Mike Carr, National Operations Safety Manager, Network Rail)