Euston railway station
- With an annual footfall of over 70 million, London Euston is the fourth busiest station in the country. As you might expect, we experience many passenger accidents on the concourse, around the forecourt…and on our 18 platforms. In 2010, slip, trip and fall accidents here were averaging 12 a month.
- Network Rail contacted Bonasystems as floor and slip-resistance experts
- Bonasystems devised a cleaning regime for the entire station incorporating a periodic chemical deep clean and daily cleaning with just water
- This regime was carried out by Initial, the station’s cleaning provider, with Bonasystems’ supervision
- As a result, floors were significantly cleaner, and Network Rail was able to prove that its floors achieved 36+ consistently
“We have already seen a 60% reduction in accidents.“ (Mike Carr, National Operations Safety Manager, Network Rail)