Euston railway station
- With 70m+ visitors annually, Euston is one of the busiest stations in the country. With such footfall and an environment where floors can become wet, slip accidents were averaging 12 per month.
- Network Rail contacted Bonasystems as floor and slip-resistance experts
- Bonasystems devised a cleaning regime for the entire station incorporating a periodic chemical deep clean and daily cleaning with just water
- This regime was carried out by Interserve, the station’s cleaning provider, with Bonasystems’ supervision
- As a result, floors were significantly cleaner, and Network Rail was able to prove that its floors achieved 36+ consistently
“We have seen a 60% reduction in accidents.“ (Mike Carr, National Operations Safety Manager, Network Rail)
This case study was published by Network Rail in Right Track magazine in April 2012. The data compares the period of July to November 2011 vs July to November 2010.