Mitchells & Butlers is one of the largest operators of restaurants, bars and pubs in the UK, with a portfolio including well-known brands such as Harvester, Toby Carvery, All Bar One and O’Neills.
As part of its ongoing health and safety strategy, it wanted to find out whether there was a better solution for reducing the potential of slips and trips for both customers and staff in its front-of-house areas.
It had already tried a number of other flooring treatments that didn’t seem to have a demonstrable or sustainable impact.
- Mitchells & Butlers engaged the expert floorcare team from Bonasystems for a trial across a dozen sites.
- Bonasystems undertook a detailed assessment of each floor using the HSE-approved Pendulum test.
- As a result of these surveys, Bonasystems recommended anti-slip treatments and a tailored, best-practice cleaning and maintenance regime.
- Bonasystems also delivered a training programme to Mitchells & Butlers’ own cleaning staff so that they were able to carry on the cleaning programme longer-term.
- The trial succeeded in reducing slip accidents by over 60 per cent.
- Mitchells & Butlers has since engaged Bonasystems to roll-out this slip management solution across 400 of its sites.
“We wanted to make sure that we were using the very latest techniques and technology to actively manage those areas and provide a safe and healthy environment for our customers and staff. We’ve been very impressed with the results that Bonasystems have achieved and by their clear expertise in this area.” (Darren Read, Health & Safety Manager at Mitchells & Butlers)